Last updated: 19 July 2021
1. Data Collected
- Data that you voluntarily provide us with:
1.1.1 You may provide us with your personal information in a number of ways, including, without limitation, when you:
- sign up for and use the Website;
- order our services;
- subscribe to our alerts, information releases, updates and media releases;
- complete and submit any forms to us;
- post any comments on the Website;
- contact us directly in person or via any medium including but not limited to by mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages;
- communicate with us for any matters and interact with or browse the Website generally.
1.1.2 Personal information that we may receive includes, but is not limited to:
- contact information such as your full name, email address;
- your passport or ID details as required in accordance with AML and KYC practices;
- physical address, and phone number;
- more detailed contact preferences.
1.1.3 SpotStar may receive this data from you when you manually enter such data, or we may receive such data from third parties and other users of our Website. We may combine such data.
- Data that we collect automatically
1.2.1 We collect data from every visitor and user of the Website, in particular we automatically collect data about your visit to the Website, your usage of our services and your browsing activities. This anonymized information may include IP address, browser type, browser language, cookies data, performance specifications of the user’s hardware and software, date and time of access to the Website, other information about how you interacted with our Website and our services.
- Data from your use of the Website
1.3.1 We may receive data about how and when you use the Website, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. This data may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions you have taken within the Website. This type of data helps us to improve our Website and services for both you and for all of our users.
- Cookies and tracking
1.4.2 We may set our own cookies and use third parties cookies (e.g. for advertising, interactive content and analytics).
1.4.3 We use different types of cookies, including:
- Essential website cookies: these are important cookies as they are necessary to provide you with services available through our Website, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies: these cookies are necessary to enhance the performance and functionality of our Website but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies: these cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Website for you in order to enhance your experience.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
1.4.4 You may opt out from cookies at any time by customizing your cookie preferences. However, in some cases we will not be able to provide you with all services.
- Data from third party sources
1.5.1 We may receive some information about you, such as name, email address, demographic information, IP address, and location from third parties.
1.6.1 You may decline to have your personal information collected via third party tracking technologies by navigating to the settings feature in your browser and declining all third party cookies or declining third party cookies from specific sites, or, for mobile, limiting ad tracking or resetting the advertised identifier via the privacy settings on your mobile device.
1.6.2 You can use the following third party tools to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving you interest based advertising:
2.1. Minors and children under age of 18 (or other legal age of your country of residence) should not use our Website and services. We do not knowingly provide any services to minors. If you access our Website and services, you represent that you have the legal capacity to enter into a binding agreement.
3. Use of the Data
3.1. We only use your personal information for the following purposes:
3.1.1 to provide you with the services that you requested;
3.1.2 to promote products or services available from SpotStar and our affiliates;
3.1.3 to send you informational and promotional content that you may subscribe to or unsubscribe;
3.1.5 to send you notifications, including notifications on change of our Website;
3.1.6 to communicate with users about our Website and provide customer support in response to their inquiries;
3.1.7 to enforce compliance with the applicable law;
3.1.8 to protect our rights and safety as well as rights and safety of our users and third parties;
3.1.9 to contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current or potential services;
3.1.10 to provide information to representatives and advisors;
3.1.11 to prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding;
3.1.12 to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
3.1.13 to provide, support, and improve the services we offer;
3.1.14 to provide suggestions about services that you may be interested in and which you may opt out;
3.1.15 to transfer your information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganization, or acquisition.
4. Sharing of Data
4.1 We do not share personal information, unless:
4.1.1 Doing so is appropriate to carry out your own request;
4.1.3 We believe it is needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
4.1.4 Otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
4.3 We don’t share your personal information with third parties, except for our third party service providers, such as Stripe (https://stripe.com/, headquartered in the USA).
4.4 To receive the full and current list of external services that we use for this purpose, please email at [email protected].
4.5 We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share personal information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use personal information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of personal information with our Agents.
5. Safeguarding your Personal Information
5.1 The protection of your personal information is vital to us. We take commercially reasonable measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information. Our employees, contractors and any business partners can access personal information on a need to know basis, and under strict duties of maintaining confidentiality. We use encryption for sensitive information and we test our system on a regular basis to ensure we comply with industry practices and standards. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of any data.
5.2 You agree to protect the security of your login information and password and not to transfer such information to any third party. We will not be liable to you for the use of your account by any third party.
5.3 If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account, you shall immediately notify us in writing.
6. Access to your Personal Information
6.1 You may access your personal information held by us to correct, update and remove inaccurate or incorrect data. You have the following rights:
- delete some or all personal information that we held about you;
- change or correct your personal information that we held about you;
- object to, or limit or restrict, use of your personal information;
- right to access and/or take your personal information: you can ask us for a copy of your personal information in machine readable form;
- access information we hold about you.
6.2 If you request us to view, change and remove your data associated with your account, please contact us at [email protected]. We will process your request within 15 business days. In accordance with the applicable laws, additional fees may be applied.
8. Merge of Company
9. Data Retention
9.1 We retain your personal information within the European Union. We retain your personal information for as long as we need it to fulfil the purposes for which we originally collect it or as needed to provide with our services, except if required otherwise by law. In some cases we may determine the period of data retention based on the period we need to access the data for the provision of services, receiving payment, or for any other auditing or legal purposes.
10. Contact us
10.1 Should you have any question or concern, please email us at [email protected].